- Diabetes. Early research suggests that consuming salacia tea with each meal might lower
- hemoglobin A1C (HbA1C) levels in people with
- type 2 diabetes. HbA1C is a measure of
- blood sugar control. A single dose of salacia, in combination with a meal, also seems to reduce after-meal
- insulin levels and reduce after-meal
- blood sugar in healthy volunteers and in people with
- type 2 diabetes. These reductions indicate better blood sugar control. Other early research suggests that taking salacia with food for 6 weeks seems to reduce pre-meal blood sugar and HbA1C levels in patients with
- type 2 diabetes.
More evidence is needed to rate the effectiveness of salacia for these uses.